Thursday, January 3, 2013

Steak Butter


I call this Steak Butter, but it's really a compound butter with other things mixed in.  I call it Steak Butter because it's so fantastic melting a pat of it down on a nice hot steak. Delicious!  But you could use it for sauces, cooking veggies or eggs, you name it.  Enjoy!

STEAK BUTTER
1 stick of salted butter, softened
1 T chopped Italian parsley
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 tsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
Fresh ground black pepper

Mash all of the ingredients together and mix it well.  Spoon it onto a piece of plastic wrap and kind of try to shape it into a log.  Wrap the plastic wrap around it and shape it further into a log.  Chill it until you're ready to use it.

4 comments:

  1. How long will it last in the fridge. Can you freeze it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it for two weeks, but it may last longer since butter lasts quite awhile in the fridge. I've never put butter in the freezer, but I bet it would absolutely work! Great idea!

      Delete
  2. This is great! I always just used butter. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! My husband loves this, and we always have it with steaks. And i use the leftovers to cook veggies or on bread. Very tasty!

      Delete