Monday, June 10, 2013

Horseradish & Garlic Aioli (Mayonnaise)


This is a great homemade mayo that goes great on sandwiches, pot roasts, or even prime rib.

HORSERADISH & GARLIC AIOLI (MAYONNAISE)
2 egg yolks
2 cloves garlic, rough chopped
3 T prepared horseradish
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
1 T white vinegar
1 C vegetable oil

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor except the vegetable oil.  While the machine is running, very very slowly stream in the oil.  This takes a little time, but it won't work if you pour the oil too fast.  This keeps for about a week in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. I made this for my prime rib Christmas dinner tomorrow. I made a couple of modifications to the recipe - I added one more clove of garlic and I didn't have Dijon mustard so I used grainy mustard. I have to say that this aioli is delicious - I think it will be good on other meats too.

    ReplyDelete