Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mom's Mashed Potatoes


This, obviously, is my mom's recipe.  I think most people use milk in their mashed potatoes, but she uses heavy cream.  They are amazing!  I added roasted garlic and shredded cheese to mine.

MOM'S MASHED POTATOES
4 to 6 large baking potatoes, diced (I leave the peel on)
1 bulb Roasted Garlic, cloves squeezed out and skins discarded
1/2 stick butter
1/2 C to 3/4 C heavy cream
1 C shredded cheese (I used Cheddar)
Salt & pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes until they are tender and drain.  I use a mixer to mash my potatoes.  I put the butter into the mixing bowl and then the potatoes on top.  I use a whisk attachment and slightly whisk the potatoes to combine the butter.  Then I add in the remaining ingredients and mix until creamy and still slightly lumpy.

If you are mashing by hand, put the butter into the pot you cooked the potatoes in and add the potatoes back on top.  Add in the remaining ingredients and mash to your desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment