Sunday, July 14, 2013

Eggs Benedict with Jalapeno Hollandaise


Here's my version of a classic breakfast.  Traditional versions use Canadian bacon, which is a fancy name for thick-cut ham.  I prefer deli-style ham, but use whichever you want.  And, as you know me so well, I put bacon on it too.  Topped with a spicy Jalapeno Hollandaise, it was a big hit for breakfast.

EGGS BENEDICT WITH JALAPENO HOLLANDAISE
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE:
4 egg yolks
3 T heavy cream
1 stick butter, melted
Juice of half a lemon
2-3 T chopped jalapeno slices (the kind from a jar)
Salt & pepper

4 English muffins
1/2 lb deli ham slices (or Canadian bacon)
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and drained
4 eggs

To make the hollandaise sauce, put the egg yolks, cream, jalapenos, lemon juice, and some salt and pepper into a blender.  Start the blender on high.  Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while the blender is running. Continue blending until the sauce is thickened.

To assemble the Eggs Benedict, start by buttering the English muffins and toasting them in the oven.  Put the ham (or Canadian bacon) in a small skillet to quickly heat it and brown it.  For the eggs, poach them to your desired consistency.  (If you don't have an egg poacher or don't know how to poach in boiling water, you can fry the eggs instead).  Layer the ham, bacon, and egg on the English muffin.  Top with the Hollandaise sauce.  Garnish with additional jalapenos if desired.

2 comments:

  1. ohmygosh.....WOW!
    I thought your Smothered Chicken would always be my favorite but... holy cow, I need to try this ASAP.
    Thank you for always making my eyes happy and my stomach growl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thank you for the compliment. Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete