Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Is it a Burger or a Taco?


Somedays, when I get home and I ask the family what they want for dinner (actually most days) they say, "whatever you want to make."  But sometimes they want something specific, like burgers or tacos.  Now, what do you do when there's no general consensus between the two? Make both!  I remember, years ago when I was a teenager that Taco Bueno had a Bueno Burger, which was, in fact, a taco burger.  So I thought, why not.  I can make my own Bueno Burger.

I wasn't sure how many people out there were doing taco burgers, so I Googled it.  I love Google.  I got 33,100,000 returns.  That's a lot of taco burgers!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Two of the most common household foods are burgers and tacos.

Anywho, my taco burger has a taco-flavored patty, pepper jack cheese, bacon (of course), lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, and my Jalapeno Ranch Sauce.  You could also add salsa and guacamole to this for an even better burger.  Mine just got too big, as you can see from the picture.  Have fun with it though.  It's your burger.

I'm craving MexiDips & Chips right now.

JALAPENO RANCH TACO BURGERS
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
2 T minced sliced jalapenos (the kind from a jar)
2 T minced onion
1 egg

Jalapeno Ranch Sauce (you may want to add extra mayo if you want it thicker)
1 lb bacon, cooked
Pepper jack cheese slices
Sliced tomatoes
Chopped lettuce
Extra jalapeno slices
Onion buns

Mix the ground beef, taco seasoning, minced jalapeno slices, minced onion, and egg together and form patties to your desired thickness.  Cook on the grill or in a frying pan until done, melting the cheese slices onto the patties the last couple of minutes.

Butter and toast the buns.  Assemble the sandwiches as you like with bacon, tomato, jalapenos, lettuce, and Jalapeno Ranch Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment