Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Peanut Butter Cup Layered Brownies


So I've seen these ridiculous brownies on Pinterest, only using Rice Krispies instead of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.  They are known on Pinterest as Crack Brownies.  I've searched high and low for the original owner of the recipe, and all I could come up with is Better Homes & Gardens.  However, I couldn't find the recipe on their site.  So, if I'm wrong on my credit, I stand corrected.  You are going to love these! Make a double batch and take them to your next cookout or family gathering. And I don't usually use box mixes, but I was pressed for time and I cheated and used one.  I'm sorry.  Please forgive me.

PEANUT BUTTER CUP LAYERED BROWNIES
One chewy brownie mix (not the 9 x 13 family size...the smaller one)
1/2 C chopped peanuts
18 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, rough chopped
2 C milk chocolate chips
1 T butter
1 1/4 C creamy peanut butter
2 C Peanut Butter Captain Crunch cereal

Line a 9 x 9 pan with foil.  (I used a 7 x 11 pan, so either works.)  Mix the brownie mix according to directions on the box and pour into the foil.  Bake as directed.

During the last five minutes of baking, sprinkle on the peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts and return to the oven.  When you take them out, spread the peanut butter cups with a spatula.  Let it cool.

Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter together in the microwave.  Stir in the cereal.  Spread this over the peanut butter cup layer.  Refrigerate (or freeze) until set and then cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment