Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Copycat PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps


I have had this recipe for about 10 years now.  I'm not sure where I got it, but I know I found it on the internet and it is all over Pinterest.  I thought I would share it with you because it is, to me, identical to the real deal.

PF CHANG'S LETTUCE WRAPS
FOR THE MARINADE:
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 C red wine
4 teaspoons water
2 T soy sauce

COOKING SAUCE:
1/4 C Hoisin sauce
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T red wine
2 T oyster sauce
1/4 C water
2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch

FOR THE WRAPS:
2 large boneless chicken breasts, ground in the food processor (or buy 1 lb ground chicken)
5 T peanut oil
1 teaspoon ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 green onions, sliced
One 6-ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
Butter lettuce
Rice noodles

Mix the marinade ingredients together with a whisk.  Add in the ground chicken and stir to coat.  Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

Mix the cooking sauce together.  Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet.  Cook the chicken, garlic, ginger, and water chestnuts with the cooking sauce until the chicken is done. Snip some of the rice noodles off with kitchen shears.  In another skillet, pour in a little oil and heat the oil.  Drop in the rice noodles and fry a couple of seconds until they puff up. (This is really cool to watch.)  Don't cook too long or they will burn.

To assemble the wraps, take a piece of the butter lettuce and spoon in some of the chicken filling.  Garnish with the green onion and the fried rice noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment