Sunday, November 10, 2013

Another Wonder


Okay, so I know I just gave you a one-pot pasta recipe with my Greek Chicken Pasta.  But I just love this concept so much that I had to try another one.  And it was just as good as the first one.  This one is Tex-Mex One Pot Pasta.  It has everything:  Chicken, Rotel, salsa, jalapenos, Ranch Style beans, plus some.  I hope you love it as much as we did!



TEX-MEX ONE-POT PASTA
2 large boneless chicken breasts, diced
1 lb pasta, any shape
2-3 T jalapeno slices, fresh or jarred
1/2 C salsa
1 can Rotel
7 C chicken stock
1 T cumin
1 1 T chili powder
1/4 C chopped cilantro
One 15-ounce can Ranch Style Beans, drained
One 4-ounce can green chilies
1 C chopped onions
1 1/2 C shredded pepper jack cheese

Mix all of the ingredients together except the cheese in a large pot.  Bring to a full boil.  Reduce the heat slightly, but make sure it's still boiling. Cook about 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is done and most of the liquid is cooked out.  Don't cook all of the liquid out because it serves as the sauce.  Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Greek one. I will print this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you enjoy this one too!

      Delete