Monday, November 18, 2013

Breakfast in Bread


This is a fun way to eat breakfast, for sure.  I will give you the ingredients I used in mine, but change it up and put anything you like in it.  I also made homemade sourdough bread, but any kind of bread large enough will work just fine.  And, of course, you don't have to make two.  You can cut the ingredients down and just make one.  Enjoy!



BREAKFAST IN BREAD
Two 1-lb sourdough loaves (or any flavor bread)
2 C cooked shredded hashbrowns
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
10 eggs, beaten with a whisk
1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 C ham, chopped
Green onions, for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Hollow out the bread to make a bowl. Save the tops for snacking.  Layer in the hashbrowns, bacon, ham, and cheese into each bread bowl.  Pour the beaten eggs into each bread bowl. Bake 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.  You can melt some extra cheese on at the end.  Garnish with green onions.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is great! I think we'd have to share cuz these are huge! Although, I know my husband can eat one by himself. Thanks so much for sharing this recipes. I pinned it and am definitely going to try it! (probably with sausage).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another delicious sounding recipe Cindy! Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete