Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cheesy Potato Wedges


These are by far the best cheesy potato wedges I have ever made.  Why are they so special? I shall enlighten you.  These potatoes have been marinated.  Yep, you read that right.  I marinated the potatoes in chicken stock and Italian dressing mix.  Then I cooked them in that same marinade.  They are amazing.  Trust me.

CHEESY POTATO WEDGES
6-8 small potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
4 C chicken stock
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Shredded cheese
Sliced green onions

Mix the chicken stock, dressing mix, onion powder, and garlic powder together with a whisk in a large bowl.  Add in the potato wedges and marinate for at least three hours.  Spread the potatoes out on a sheet pan with sides.  Pour as much of the marinade that will fit into the pan over the potatoes.  Set your oven to its highest setting.  Cook the potatoes for at least 45 minutes.  Start watching the marinade.  As the marinade cooks out, the potatoes will begin to get crispy and brown on the bottom.  Being careful not to burn them, cook until they are at your desired crunchiness on the bottom.  

Turn the oven to broil.  Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and broil a couple of minutes to melt.  Garnish with the cooked bacon and green onions.

2 comments:

  1. These sound great! I only question, why bake them on the 'highest' setting? Wouldn't 400°-425° be enough...just bake alittle longer. I worry that I'd end up burning them otherwise. I love your stuff. Please keep up your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeff! Great question. We originally started out cooking these on the grill. However, it was taking way too long and it got dark outside. We transferred them to the oven at 500 degrees and it sped up the process. I adapted the recipe to avoid the grill. To be safe, yes, you can cook them at a lower setting. I'm not sure of the cooking time, but keeping a close eye after about an hour would probably help. Let me know if you try them!

      Delete