Monday, November 11, 2013

Full of Flavor


Y'all know I'm a huge fan of Pinterest.  I see many wonderful ideas there every day.  This recipe is one that I'm not quite sure of the source.  I've seen it on Stockpiling Moms.  I've seen it on Food on the Table.  I've seen it on Cook Lisa Cook.  Wherever it comes from, it's a great idea and a great meal.  Of course, you know me.  I say it all the time.  I have to put my spin on everything.  So I give to you Loaded Baked Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole.  And I used my Avocado & Jalapeno Ranch sauce here.  It's darn tasty!

LOADED BAKED POTATO & BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE
3 lbs red potatoes, quartered
1/3 C olive oil
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T paprika
1 T dried parsley
1/2 C  Buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank's)
2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 C shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
Sliced green onions (optional)

FOR THE AVOCADO JALAPENO RANCH SAUCE:
1 C mayo
1/2 C buttermilk
1 C sour cream
1 packet Ranch dip mix
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1-3 T diced jalapeno slices (from a jar)
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 avocados

Blend the Ranch ingredients together in a food processor or blender.  Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and wing sauce together in a bowl.  Add in the potatoes and stir to coat.  Spoon the potatoes into a 9 x 13 casserole pan, reserving as much of the sauce in the bowl as you can.  Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes.  

Put the chicken into the reserved sauce and let it marinate while the potatoes cook the first 30 minutes.  After the potatoes have cooked the first 30 minutes, add the chicken all over the top of the potatoes.  Cook an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is done and potatoes are tender.

Turn the oven to broil.  Pour some of the Ranch sauce (as little or as much as you like) over the chicken and potatoes.  Sprinkle on the cheese.  Put the casserole under the broiler for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with the cooked bacon and green onions.

2 comments:

  1. This recipe was in the right place at the right time!! I just made it for dinner and it was amazing! It had heat but definitely not too spicy. And your ranch sauce....sooooo good! Surprisingly very easy to make. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! I'm so glad you liked it. And thank you for the compliments. That ranch sauce is a favorite around here and is requested a lot!

      Delete