Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's a New Habit


I'm really stuck on these all-in-one-pot dishes lately.  I just can't help myself! A little chopping, throw it all in one pot, and let it go.  Easy as pie!  Well, I shouldn't say that.  I bake a lot of pies for a living, and sometimes it's not so easy.  Anyway, this time it's Buffalo Chicken One-Pot Pasta.  And it's tasty. It may very well be my favorite in my series of one-pot pastas.  If you haven't seen the others, there is Tex-Mex One-Pot Pasta and Greek Chicken Pasta.  I also plan to do an Asian version.  Like I said, it's becoming a habit.

This one has all the things you would find with Buffalo chicken wings: Carrots, celery, blue cheese, chicken, onions, wing sauce, and Ranch.  I think you're going to love it!  And no messy wings, just a fork or spoon!  

Get ready to dig in!  Dinner's in 20 (okay, maybe 25)!




BUFFALO CHICKEN ONE-POT PASTA
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
7 cups chicken stock
1 lb pasta, any shape
1 packet Ranch Dip mix
8 ounces shredded Pepper Jack cheese
Blue cheese crumbles
Wing sauce (I used Frank's), to taste (I used half the bottle)
Ranch dressing
Sliced green onions

Put all of the ingredients except the Pepper Jack and blue cheese into a large pot or dutch oven.  Bring to a boil.  Stir and reduce the heat slightly, but make sure it is still bubbling.  Cook until most, but not all, of the liquid is reduced, about 20 to 25 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in the Pepper Jack cheese until it is all melted.  Garnish with the blue cheese crumbles, Ranch dressing, and green onions...and more wing sauce if you like it really spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment