Wednesday, November 6, 2013

It's a Wonder



If you've been on Pinterest lately, you've seen the Italian One-Pot Wonder. This is a recipe that is all over the internet and Pinterest, and, as far as I can tell, it seems to trace back to Martha Stewart.  Now, I'm going to rant a little bit.  I'm not a fan AT ALL of Martha Stewart, especially in light of her recent bashing of bloggers and saying we have no experience or expertise and basically trashing bloggers.  We do have experience.  Some of us are professional.  Some of us are home cooks.  Some of us, like me, have restaurant experience.  In my opinion, stay-at-home moms who cook for their families are experts.  I apologize if you are a Martha fan.  I just feel offended by her blatant criticism towards everyday people trying to share ideas and life experience with other people.  I embrace my fellow bloggers and appreciate how much effort they put into their blogs, as I do.  Okay.  Rant over.

So a one-pot meal including pasta and uncooked chicken?  Who'da thunk it!  My version is Greek Chicken Pasta.  I love things like olives and sundried tomatoes and artichokes and feta cheese.  The pasta cooks up perfectly and the chicken stays moist and tender. This recipe is so stinking easy and incredibly tasty.  My daughter and I made a ridiculous scene oohing and ahhing over this pasta while we slurped it up.  All the work involved is a little chopping and throwing it in the pot.  And it's done in about 15-20 minutes!  You are so going to LOVE this pasta!

Stop drooling.  It's going to be okay.

GREEK CHICKEN PASTA
2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
One 14-ounce can artichokes, drained
One 14-ounce can black olives, drained
1 lb pasta, any shape (I used campanelle which look like little bells or horns)
One 8.5-ounce jar of sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
1/4 C sliced pepperoncini peppers
1/2 C sliced red onion
1/4 C chopped Italian parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 T red chili flakes
7 C chicken stock
One packet Zesty Italian dressing mix
4 ounces crumbled feta

Put all of the ingredients into a large pot except the feta cheese.  Stir it together and bring it to a boil.  When it is at a full boil, reduce the heat to medium high.  Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until the chicken and pasta are done and most of the liquid has reduced out.  Don't completely cook the liquid out.  It gets thick and creates a sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the feta cheese.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the wonder recipes that you have shared. Martha Stewart is a joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Please let me know if you try any of my recipes and how they turn out. I love the feedback!

      Delete
  2. This was delicious! It was easy and colorful. It made quite a bit - not that I'm complaining about leftovers. I think tomorrow it will taste even better!! I'll be sharing this recipe with friends. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Laura! I'm so glad you liked it. Thank you for sharing the recipe too!

      Delete
  3. I'm making this tonight. I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great! Please let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  4. This was really popular at my house! I waited to add the parsley with the feta. Also, I used only 1 teaspoon chili flake so my kids would eat it - still gave a nice little kick in the background with out being too strong. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so welcome, and I'm glad everyone liked it! Thank you for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. has anyone tried it with whole wheat pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Save the oil from your sundried tomatoes and use it to make salad dressing- even the packet stuff! It tastes incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for sharing that!

      Delete