Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homemade Bean Dip


Remember that bean dip that Frito-Lay sells in a can that we always bought at gas stations with a bag of Doritos?  I do.  I used to love that stuff when I was younger.  But these days I don't really buy a lot of stuff out of cans or junk food.  So why not have that same thing but homemade?  You can now! I started by making a big old pot of pinto beans in the crockpot.  I saved the beans I didn't use for this by freezing them in smaller portions.  (We always like to have pinto beans around for a side dish or for refried beans.)  And this whips up so easy in a food processor.  Great for game day!

HOMEMADE BEAN DIP

2 C heated pinto beans or refried beans (you can use canned if you must)
1 T bacon grease (don't use this if using already refried beans)
2-3 T jalapeno slices (the kind from a jar)
1 T of the brine from the jar of jalapenos
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.  Chill well.  Serve with chips.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe... I found this on Pinterest. Anita Vaughn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anita! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete