Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm on a Roll


I know, I've given you quite a few One Pot Wonders.  But I just can't help myself.  This is the easiest, quickest method for a weeknight meal.  And they turn out awesome every time!  This is One Pot Asian Pasta.  Pasta, chicken, some veggies, and Hoisin sauce all cooked together to create a masterpiece!  My kids loved this dish and ate all of the leftovers, which is a hard thing to get kids to eat.  



ONE POT ASIAN PASTA
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 lb linguine 
1 head bok choy cabbage, chopped (mostly the green parts)
One 8-ounce can water chestnuts, chopped
One 15-ounce can baby corn
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 T fish sauce (optional)
1 T oyster sauce (optional)
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 C soy sauce
1 T chili paste
1 T sesame seeds
One 7-ounce jar Hoisin sauce
1/2 to 3/4 C brown sugar
7 C chicken stock

Put all of the ingredients into a large pot or dutch oven.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat slightly to where it's still bubbling but not a rapid boil.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20-25 minutes or until pasta is done and the sauce is thickened and reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment