Monday, January 6, 2014

Presto Pesto


My husband and son are not fans of basil, so this recipe wasn't well received by the boys in my house.  However, I loved it.  I made the pesto fresh and slathered it on some chicken, baked it, added some cheese.  This recipe is really easy, relatively healthy, and tasty.  If you don't have basil haters in your house, it's sure to be a hit.

CHEESY PESTO CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Mozzarella cheese slices
One large package fresh basil
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 C olive oil

Blend all of the ingredients except the Mozzarella and the chicken in a food processor.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spread the pesto all over both sides of each chicken breast.  Bake on a sheet pan for about 16 minutes.  Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 12-14 minutes or until the chicken is completely done.  During the last 4-5 minutes of cooking, lay the Mozzarella slices over each piece of chicken to melt and brown.

4 comments:

  1. I make something very similar to this, but I do it on top of the stove in a non-stick skillet and add sauteed mushrooms. It's delicious! Who doesn't love pesto? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Just cooked this yesterday. DELICIOUS! I plan to use the leftovers for paninis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shanita! And paninis sound very good with this. I'll have to try it!

      Delete