Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Salt & Vinegar Potatoes


Three of the four family members in my house love Salt & Vinegar chips.  I wanted to try to recreate that flavor but without frying.  So, with a combination of boiling and roasting, I think these hit the nail on the nose.  Okay, maybe that would hurt.  Anywho, they were yummy!

SALT & VINEGAR POTATOES
4 large potatoes, sliced
3 C white vinegar
Garlic powder, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
6 C water
Vegetable oil

Boil the potatoes in the water and vinegar until tender.   Drain and dry them thoroughly on a towel.  

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spread the potato slices out on a baking sheet.  Drizzle some vegetable oil over the potatoes.  Sprinkle them with salt (generously for that classic taste), pepper, and garlic powder.  Toss them around with your hands and spread them in an even layer.  Roast about 10-15 minutes or until they begin to brown and get slightly crispy.

3 comments:

  1. I will be making these for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Please let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. LOVE salt and vinegar chips, but I love that this is homemade and you can still get the taste. Pinned. Would love to share this on my weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete