Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Seafood Bonanza


I've told you before how I can't send my husband to the store without expecting some extras to show up in the grocery bags.  This particular day, he hit the seafood counter.  And hit it hard.  He brought home lobster tails, scallops, shrimp, crab legs, and some really awful cherry habanero glazed salmon.  We didn't eat the salmon.

So I put my thinking cap on.  Oh, what do I do with this bounty of seafood?  Make a scampi, of course.  And it turned out fabulous.  If you happen to have some fresh seafood or your husband can't be trusted when he goes to the store, this dish is for you!

SEAFOOD SCAMPI
1 lb mixed seafood, shelled and deveined
1 shallot
Olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C white wine
1/2 C seafood or chicken stock
Salt & pepper
2 T butter
Juice of 1 lemon

Drizzle some olive oil into a large skillet.  Cook the shallots over medium high heat until tender.  Deglaze the pan with the wine and stock and cook to reduce, about 5 minutes.  Add in the seafood and cook a few minutes until it's all done.  Stir in the butter and squeeze the lemon juice over the top.  Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.  Great with pasta!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Last time the Great Scot did that (and came home with prawns and crayfish) I ended up making fishy fried rice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe add a few capers to add a bit of zip! Sounds like something my guy would just love. And I agree, the cherry habanero glazed salmon sounds completely awful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh be still my heart, no I mean keep ticking my heart. I am going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, or I might be hitting the freezer for some seafood. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete