Sunday, February 9, 2014

Baked Acorn Squash


This is a really interesting vegetable.  They are actually pretty delicious and seem to resemble the flavor of pumpkin.  Baked with cream, butter, thyme, garlic and Parmesan cheese, this is a great and easy accompaniment to any dinner.

BAKED ACORN SQUASH
2 acorn squash
1/4 C heavy cream
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T butter, cut into four pieces
Salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Cut each squash in half and scrape out the seeds and pulp.  Put them on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle the thyme over each half and spread some garlic into each half.  Place a piece of butter into each half and pour a little cream into each half.  Bake for about 40 minutes. Halfway into the 40 minutes, dip a brush into the butter and cream mixture and brush that over the cut edges of the squash.

Remove the squash from the oven and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over each squash.  Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.

9 comments:

  1. Pinned it, make it, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on Pinterest and was confused at first when the recipe did not call for bacon! Still sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...although it would still be good with bacon! Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. The ingredients list garlic but then the instructions don't say anything about when to add it?? I'm hoping and assuming its supposed to go in with the thyme, butter, and cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! You're right, Lynsey. I will fix it. Thank you for pointing that out, and please enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I've made this several times and it is delicious! This recipie is really easy as well. I give this recipe an A+! My whole family loves it, it tastes great and the presentation is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for the kind words! I'm so glad you like it and thank you for letting me know!

      Delete
  5. My daughter and I love this recipe. I've made it several times because it's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete