Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Barbecue Potatoes


Here's a recipe that I adapted from a very old Pampered Chef cookbook.  It's Barbecue Potatoes.  It takes no time at all to get ready, and the cook time is not too bad either, about 35-40 minutes.  Long enough to finish cooking the rest of your meal.  I caught my son eating the leftovers the next day for breakfast. Must have been good.

BARBECUE POTATOES
2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
4 T butter, melted
1 T chili powder
1 T honey
1 T garlic powder
Salt & pepper, to taste
1-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper, to taste
1 T onion powder

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spray or grease a sheet pan.  Mix all of the ingredients together except the potatoes with a whisk in a large bowl.  Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat.  Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the sheet pan.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.

2 comments:

  1. My husband can not get enough of these!!!! So simple and soooo good...I did sprinkle with bacon bits and sour cream on the side...I found him finishing off what few leftovers we had as his midnite snack..now a staple at our house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed them, Cynthia! Thank you for letting me know!

      Delete