Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip


Okay, so I know everyone probably has a recipe for Spinach Artichoke Dip.  But I was craving it the other day, so I made it and decided, what the heck, I'll share the recipe too.  Enjoy!

SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
One 18-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
One 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/2 C sour cream
1 T dried minced onion
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
Seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
Black pepper
1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Tortilla chips

A quick way to soften the cream cheese is to put it in a bowl and microwave it for about a minute.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Whisk together the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, minced onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.  Stir in the artichokes, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half of the Monterey Jack cheese.  Spread the mixture into a small casserole pan and sprinkle the remaining Monterey Jack cheese over the top. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until warmed through and the cheese on top is browned.  Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. I made this for the first time on New years day to rave reviews! Now, everytime we have a get together, I don't get requests, I get demands! The cheesy crust on top gets oohs and ahh's before the first chip is dipped! Normally, I follow you on Pintrest but today it's giving me problems so I came here for the recipe. Tomorrow is Father's Day and I had better not show up without it! Excellent recipe! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete