Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Guac and Pasta


We are huge guacamole fans in this house.  Huge!  Anytime I cook anything remotely close to TexMex, there must be guacamole.  I think my family would fire me if there wasn't guacamole and chips with tacos.  

Anywho, I wanted a quick cold pasta for dinner, and I spotted some very nice avocados in the grocery store.  And then it hit me...why not Guacamole Chicken Pasta!  It was quick, easy, and darn tasty!  It is a little confusing to your brain though because it's pasta, not chips.  So I added a few chips on the side.  There you go.  I hope you enjoy it too!

GUACAMOLE CHICKEN PASTA
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Garlic powder
Seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
Black pepper
1 lb pasta, any shape
4 large avocados
2-4 T chopped jalapenos
1/4 C chopped red onion
1 T cilantro, chopped
2 limes
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
8 ounces shredded Pepper Jack cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with some garlic powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper.  Bake for 16 minutes.  Turn the chicken over and bake an additional 14 minutes or until the chicken is done through.  Let it rest before dicing.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to directions.  Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed.  Scoop the avocados out of the skins and put them in a bowl.  Add in the jalapenos, cilantro, onion, juice of the two limes, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.  Mash with a fork or a whisk until there are no big lumps of avocado.

When the pasta is done, cool it under running water and drain.  Mix the diced chicken, shredded cheese, and guacamole together with the pasta.  Serve with some tortilla chips for a little crunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment