Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Love It or Leave It


Today I'm bringing to you a touchy subject.  Cilantro.  That herbaceous little plant is something people either love or hate.  Heck, even Ina Garten says she hates cilantro.  But I know someone that adores it.  My adorable husband.  He wants cilantro on everything, in everything.  Once I mistakenly put cilantro in Crawfish Etoufee, and he thought it was the best thing on Earth.

So I set out to make him a dish that would please his cilantro-loving palate.  This is my Mexican Shrimp Scampi. He loved it!  It was so quick to put together.  And the sauce? What could be better for a cilantro (and lime) lover than a butter sauce full of cilantro, garlic, and lime.  If you are a cilantro lover or know one, this dish is the one to make.

MEXICAN SHRIMP SCAMPI
12 ounces shrimp, peeled & deveined (tails on or off, you decide)
6 T butter
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lime
Salt & pepper, to taste

Melt the butter in a large skillet.  Add in the shrimp and cook until done, about 5-6 minutes.  Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute.  Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.  Squeeze the lime all over and serve.

6 comments:

  1. I read somewhere that people who don't like cilantro actually have tastebuds that taste it differently than those who like it. I'm glad I'm one of the lucky ones who can taste it properly and look forward to trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read that too. I hope you love this recipe. I'd love to hear how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely! I am going to make this today and post a photo of how it turned out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! I hope you love it, and I can't wait to see the picture!

      Delete
    2. http://instagram.com/p/sqsdM6Gt37/

      http://instagram.com/p/sqsgpimt4D/

      :) :) !!!! IT WAS DELICIOUS!

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you liked! Thank you for letting me know. By the way, your picture is gorgeous!

      Delete