Sunday, August 10, 2014

Wrap it Up


I am a huge sandwich fan.  Not a bologna sandwich or ham sandwich fan, but a fancy pants sandwich fan.  I love places like Panera or Corner Bakery.  Their sandwiches are far from boring.  But, since I don't have a Panera or a Corner Bakery nearby, I have to make fancy sandwiches myself.

While I've seen them plenty of times and knew what they were, I had never tried a flatbread until recently.  I saw some wraps on Pinterest and decided I wanted to make some.  I found these Flatout brand wraps at Walmart and gave it a whirl.

These Roast Beef Wraps are filled with Angus roast beef, cheese, a spicy cream cheese and horseradish spread, onions and lettuce.  And they are delicious!  They also kept pretty well and were still good the next day.  Enjoy!

ROAST BEEF WRAPS
1/2 lb deli Angus roast beef, very thinly sliced
4 long flatbed wraps
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 T prepared horseradish
Hot sauce, to taste
1 T Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/4 C mayonnaise
Salt & pepper
Red onion slices
Leaf lettuce
8 cheese slices (I used a Cheddar Jack cheese)

Mix together the cream cheese, horseradish, Dijon, garlic powder, mayo, salt & pepper, and hot sauce to taste.  Spread the mixture over the flatbreads.  Layer some roast beef, cheese, lettuce and onions on each flatbread.  Roll them up. If you are wanting to slice them to serve, you can refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to firm up the cream cheese mixture before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment