Monday, December 29, 2014

Celebrations


My husband is my biggest fan.  It was my husband that encouraged me to start this blog.  It was also my husband that set the blog up, spent countless hours learning basic HTML code to add features to the blog, and countless hours helping me through this process.  He loves my cooking and he always jumps in the kitchen to help me cook.  He holds lights up for me when I take pictures.  He helps me research recipes and come up with food ideas.  He's truly a great man. He helps with the dishes, the laundry, errands, pretty much everything.  We do it all as a team.

Recently my husband got a great promotion at work.  He has worked hard at his job and he deserves it.  One of his favorite recipes of mine (of the 500 other favorites) is my Blackened Chicken with Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo (one of our son's favorites too).  We both love pork chops, so I thought I'd surprise him with a little twist and give him Blackened Pork Chops with Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo.  The recipe doesn't differ very much except for cooking it.  The chicken gets finished off in the oven while the pork chops only cook in the pan.  It worked great and we all loved it.  I hope you all love it too!

BLACKENED PORK CHOPS & CAJUN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
4 center cut, bone-in pork chops
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1 T dried thyme
1 T paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 stick butter

FOR THE ALFREDO:
1 lb fettuccine
2 C heavy cream
1 stick butter
5 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
Cajun seasoning, to taste

Boil the fettuccine according to package directions.

Meanwhile, for the pork chops, melt the 1/2 stick of butter in a large skillet to high heat.  Mix the seasonings/spices together.  Press both sides of each pork chop into the seasonings/spices.  Place the pork chops in the pan and sear well on both sides.  Depending on the thickness of your chops, this could take anywhere between 3-7 minutes per side.  Make sure the pork chops are done through.

While the pork chops are searing, melt the whole stick of butter in a small pot.  Add in the heavy cream and the Cajun seasoning, to taste.  Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese in small handfuls until it's completely melted and smooth.  Drain the pasta and toss with the alfredo sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment