Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Wow Factor


I was looking for a quick and tasty chicken dinner last week, and one thing I saw over and over was a recipe called Chicken Lazone.  It is rumored to have come from Brennan's Restaurant in New Orleans, although it's not on any Brennan's menu that I could find.  There are many recipes out there for this, so I thought I'd try it.      

This chicken was so ridiculously easy.  Like seriously stupid easy.  And the flavor...WOW!  That's all I could say.  I can't believe such a simple dish could be so amazing!  My son loved it so much he ate two huge chicken breasts.  I served mine with some pasta that I tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese.  You will be wowed too!  I did not give measurements for the seasoning since I'm very heavy handed with salt and seasonings.  Just sprinkle some on each piece of chicken and use as much or as little as you like.  Enjoy!

CHICKEN LAZONE
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
Chili powder
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Cayenne pepper
1/4 C butter
2 C heavy cream
2 T Italian parsley, chopped

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle the seasoned salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper all over both sides of the chicken breasts.  Cook them in the butter until well browned on both sides, about 6-8 minutes each side (could be longer if they are thick).  Remove them from the pan and keep them warm in a 200 degree oven.  Turn the heat down to medium and pour the heavy cream into the same pan and whisk. Cook and whisk until the cream starts to thicken and bubble. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.  Serve the sauce over the chicken.  Serve with pasta, if desired.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! Can't wait to try it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this a few weeks ago and it was spectacular! And so easy easy easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of cream do I get

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be heavy whipping cream found near the milk in the store. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. I added grape tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the bacon and cheese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question! While the name of my website is Bacon, Butter, Cheese & Garlic, I don't always include all four of them in recipes. But both would taste great in this recipe. Enjoy!

      Delete