Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cheesy Bread


We make cheese toast and garlic bread and cheesy garlic bread all the time at my house.  I even frequently use leftover hamburger and hot dog buns for it a lot.  Why throw that stuff away!  But this recipe produced the most awesome Cheesy Bread I've ever made.  I saw it somewhere on Pinterest, and I knew I had to create my own.  The secret to this bread is mayo.  No, it doesn't taste like mayo.  It taste like oh my goodness gracious out-of-this world Cheesy Bread.  You're welcome.

CHEESY BREAD
1 loaf Italian or French bread
1/4 C butter, softened
1/4 C mayonnaise
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1 C shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
1-2  teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Slice the bread in half longways.  Stir together the butter, mayo, Parmesan, 1/2 C Monterrey Jack, garlic powder, parsley and black pepper. Spread this mixture over the insides of both halves of the bread.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 C Monterrey Jack cheese over the bread.  Bake the bread for about 8-10 minutes.  You can then turn on the broiler if you want to slightly brown the cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment