Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Deviled Eggs Two Ways



Deviled Eggs are a favorite in my house.  I could probably make them once a week and that still wouldn't be enough.  I normally don't mess with the traditional recipe, but I decided to make an exception and try something different.  The eggs in the center are traditional Southern Deviled Eggs.  The eggs on the outer ring are Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs. Both were fantastic!  I hope you enjoy them!

SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS
6 boiled eggs
1/2 to 3/4 C mayonnaise
2 to 3 teaspoons yellow mustard, to taste
Salt & pepper, to taste
Paprika

NOTE:  A lot of people mix in pickle relish and sometimes vinegar to their deviled eggs.  Everyone in my house prefers them without relish, so I leave it out.  I prefer them with a little vinegar, but I'm alone on that preference so I leave that out too.

Peel the eggs and cut them in half longways.  Scoop the yolks into a bowl.  Mash the yolks with a fork.  Stir in the mayo, mustard to taste, and salt and pepper.  You can either pipe the filling or spoon the filling back into the egg whites. Sprinkle a little paprika over the yolks.  Chill until you are ready to use them.

JALAPENO BACON DEVILED EGGS
6 boiled eggs
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 C mayonnaise
1 T chopped jalapeno slices (the kind from a jar)
Hot sauce, to taste (I used Crystal hot sauce, but any will do)
1/4 C shredded Cheddar cheese
Cayenne pepper
Fresh jalapeno slices for garnish, if desired

Peel the eggs and cut them in half longways.  Scoop the yolks out into a bowl and mash them with a fork.  Stir in the mayo, bacon, chopped jalapenos, hot sauce to taste, and cheese.  You can pipe the filling back into the egg whites or spoon it in.  Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper over each egg yolk and garnish with a jalapeno slice, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment