Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Domino Potatoes


I am always looking for a new way to cook potatoes.  I've never met a potato I didn't like, so it's no surprise that I loved these Domino Potatoes.  The crispy outer edges remind me of chips and the soft buttery centers remind me of lightly fried potatoes.  These were outstanding!

DOMINO POTATOES
6 medium size russet potatoes
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 T dried mixed herbs
Salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Trim the ends off of the potatoes.  Then trim the sides off of the potatoes to form rectangular blocks.  Slice the potatoes very thin with a mandolin slicer (or knife if you have good knife skills) and keep the slices in nice stacks.  Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.  Fan the stacks of potatoes out into neat stacks and overlap them, like a deck of cards, and keep them lined up on top and bottom (see picture).  Drizzle the melted butter over the stacks.  Sprinkle on the dried herbs and salt & pepper.  Bake the potatoes for about 40-45 minutes or until the outer potatoes are crispy and the inner potatoes are fork tender.

Adapted from Francis Mallmann

No comments:

Post a Comment