Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fried Chicken for the Master


I know I've told y'all this before, but I'm saying it again. Anytime I ask my husband what he'd like for dinner, I always without a doubt get, "Fried Chicken!"  I've learned not to ask that question too often because I already know the answer. Sometimes I give in and make it for him, but not too often.

While my husband is the master of the house and he is such a wonderful man that he deserves whatever he wants (unless it's bad for him which is why he doesn't get fried chicken very often), this time it was my idea.  I love fancy-ish sandwiches, and I was craving chicken.  Our son loves fried chicken too, so I knew this would be a hit.  These Chicken Club Sandwiches were so delicious!  Tasty fried chicken, bacon, melted cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and a creamy garlic Parmesan dressing hit the spot for the fried chicken cravings in my house.  And it really didn't take all that long to make either.  Enjoy!

CHICKEN CLUB SANDWICHES
FOR THE CHICKEN:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 C buttermilk
1 1/2 C flour
1 T garlic powder
1 T paprika
1 T onion powder
Seasoned salt, to taste (like Lawry's)
Black pepper, to taste
Peanut oil, for frying

FOR THE DRESSING:
1 C mayonnaise
1 T dried parsley
3 teaspoons garlic powder
1 T vinegar
1/3 C grated Parmesan cheese (the powdered stuff)
1/2 C sour cream
1 T lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper, to taste

FOR THE SANDWICHES:
Sliced tomatoes
1/2 lb bacon, slices cut in half and cooked
Romaine lettuce
4 cheese slices (I used Pepper Jack)
4 buns (I used onion hamburger buns)

Put all of the dressing ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.  (You can mix it by hand, but the Parmesan cheese will make it grainy.)  Refrigerate until ready to use.

Mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt, pepper, and onion powder together in a bowl big enough to dip the chicken in.  Set it aside.  

Butterfly the chicken in half longways so that you have four pieces of chicken.  Place the buttermilk in a bowl big enough to fit the chicken in.  Preheat some peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Dip the chicken in the buttermilk and then into the flour mixture, pressing down to coat.  Fry the chicken for about 5-6 minutes per side or until the coating is golden brown and the chicken is done through.  Drain on a paper towel.  

Preheat the broiler.  Place the fried chicken on a sheet pan. Place one slice of cheese over each piece of chicken.  Place the sheet pan under the broiler to melt the cheese.  Serve the chicken on the buns with some bacon strips, lettuce, tomato slices, and the garlic Parmesan dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment