Monday, May 11, 2015

Potato Salad


I'm sure you all have a favorite Potato Salad recipe, but I wanted to share mine with you.  This is a pretty typical Southern recipe.  When I serve this at potlucks or cookouts, there is never any left.  Enjoy!

POTATO SALAD
6 medium potatoes, diced
6 boiled eggs, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 C chopped red onion
1 1/2 C mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip or salad dressing)
1 1/2 T white vinegar
2 T yellow mustard
Salt & pepper, to taste

NOTE:  I like extra sauce on my potato salad, so I usually add a little more mayo, mustard, and vinegar to the measurements above.  Also, I don't usually peel potatoes simply because I don't like to.  But it's good either way.

Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with water.  Bring to a boil and then cook the potatoes until they are fork tender. Drain them very well and let them cool slightly.

Whisk together the mayo, vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper.  Stir all of the ingredients into the mayo mixture. Chill the potato salad completely and serve cold.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love potato salad! My husband can't stand it so I never have to share:) This sounds like a wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victoria! My family isn't all that crazy about it either, but I made it on Mother's Day for myself so they couldn't complain. LOL...Enjoy!

      Delete