Sunday, June 21, 2015

Crockpot Baked Beans



If you love homemade baked beans but don't want to use anything canned, you're going to love these homemade Crockpot Baked Beans!   They're easy and taste great!

CROCKPOT BAKED BEANS
1 lb dried navy beans
8 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 C water (maybe more)
1 1/4 C ketchup
2 T molasses
1 to 1 1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C yellow mustard
3-4 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T garlic powder
Salt & pepper, to taste

NOTES:  You may add more or less ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.  I just found that, when the beans were nearly done, I needed to add more sweetness and tang.  These measurements were to my liking, but feel free to adjust it to yours.  Also, I started out with 2 1/2 C water, and I felt that there was too much liquid in them.  Start with 2 C and add more during the day, if necessary.  I also prepped all of the other ingredients the night before and put it all in a container in the fridge so that I could easily add everything quickly the next morning before work.  I let my beans cook longer than the time suggested, and they were great!

Soak the beans in water overnight.  The next morning, drain the beans.  Put the beans and the remaining ingredients into the crockpot.  Cook the beans on low heat for 8-10 hours or until the beans are done and the sauce is thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment