Monday, June 15, 2015

Easy Dinner



I recently became promoted to manager of the restaurant I work in, which I'm super excited about!  I love my job, the work I do, and the people I work with.  I actually really enjoy going to work every day.  However, it also means that I have to stay at work longer.  Which means I need to try to find some quicker meals to make at home.

I recently saw a version of this recipe in a magazine, and it sounded quick and easy to put together.  And the fact that my husband gets to grill it makes the house stay cool. These Chicken Bacon Ranch Skewers (yes, everything is better on a stick) are marinated in a Ranch and hot sauce mixture, then skewered with bacon and red onions, and grilled to perfection.  And they're darn tasty!

CHICKEN BACON RANCH SKEWERS
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
About 12-14 slices bacon
1 packet Ranch dip mix
Hot sauce, to taste (we used Crystal's)
1 C buttermilk
1 C mayonnaise
1/2 red onion, cut into half-inch pieces
Bamboo skewers

NOTE:  The bacon between the chicken may not cook fully if you use thick bacon.  I would suggest partially cooking thick bacon before skewering it or use thin sliced bacon.

Cut the chicken into about 1/2 inch pieces.  Whisk together the Ranch dip mix, buttermilk, hot sauce to taste, and mayo. Put the chicken in a large zipper bag.  Reserve about 1/2 C of the dressing for serving and pour in the remaining dressing in the bag and squeeze the chicken around in it to coat.  Seal the bag and refrigerate the chicken for at least an hour.

Soak the bamboo skewers for about 30 minutes in water. Put one slice of onion on a skewer.  Take a piece of bacon and thread one end after the onion.  Add a piece of chicken. Weave the bacon onto the skewer (see picture above) and repeat with chicken and onion.  Your skewer should have the bacon strips weaved in and out around the onion and chicken.  Grill the skewers over indirect heat for 12 to 16 minutes or until they register at 165 degrees internally and the bacon is crisped.  Serve with the reserved Ranch dressing mixture, if desired.

Adapted from All Recipes

2 comments:

  1. These are delicious!! We make them often. Thank you Bacon, Butter, Cheese, & Garlic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy them!

      Delete