Monday, June 15, 2015

New Potato Salad


Very rarely do I vary from my traditional Southern Potato Salad, but I wanted to incorporate different veggies and a different dressing for this New Potato Salad.  And it was really good!  Enjoy!

NEW POTATO SALAD
2 lbs new (red) potatoes, cubed
1 C fresh green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 C frozen corn
1/2 C chopped red onion
1/2 C chopped red bell pepper
4 boiled eggs, chopped
2 T chopped dill pickle (or dill pickle relish)
1 C mayonnaise
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T chopped fresh dill
2 T spicy brown mustard
Salt & pepper, to taste

Boil the potatoes until tender and drain.  Cool slightly.  Boil the green beans until desired consistency (my husband likes them a little cruncy).  Drain the green beans and cool slightly.

Whisk together the mayo, apple cider vinegar, dill, brown mustard, and salt and pepper.  Stir the potatoes, frozen corn, green beans, eggs, onion, bell pepper, potatoes and chopped pickles into the dressing.  You can serve the salad either warm or cold.  


2 comments:

  1. I love this recipe!! I have small grandchildren who love corn and green beans, so I believe this potato salad will go over very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Toni! I hope your grandchildren love it!

      Delete