Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Great Man


I have the best husband.  He really treats me like a queen. He is so kind and thoughtful and really helps me out when I need it.  Since I took over as manager of the restaurant I work at, he helps me even more.  He takes the kids and dogs to appointments.  He does the grocery shopping for me (although he usually comes home with more than is on the list).  He helps me cook dinner.  He takes my car and gets it washed once a week.  He asks me every single day how my day was.  Yesterday he spent the day finishing up trim work on the bamboo flooring that he recently installed, mostly by himself.  He also did the yard work, cleaned the garage, did some fence work, and bought groceries.  All this, mind you, he does while he manages the West Texas district of a shipping company.  

Since my husband is so good to me, I try to create dishes with him in mind.  He's not a big fan of chewy beef, so I have to get creative sometimes.  I created this Crockpot Beef Stroganoff to give him a great dish with the most tender, fall apart beef ever.  It tasted great, and we didn't heat up the kitchen. Thank you, John, for all that you do for me and the kids.  You're a great man!

CROCKPOT BEEF STROGANOFF
One 3 lb beef roast, cut into cubes
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 C beef stock
2 T butter
2 C sour cream
1/2 C flour
1 large bag of egg noodles

Put the cubed roast, mushrooms, onion, garlic, beef stock, and butter into a crockpot and season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.  One hour before serving, ladle as much of the liquid out of the crockpot as you can and put the liquid into a bowl.  Whisk the flour into the liquid until smooth.  Whisk the sour cream into the flour mixture.  Stir the sour cream mixture back into the crockpot.  Turn the crockpot on high and cook until thickened and bubbly.  

Cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Serve the Stroganoff over the egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment