Sunday, July 5, 2015

Another Easy Dinner


Don't you just love easy dinners?  More than that, don't you just love using the crockpot and not turning on the oven?  Me too!  

Recently I did a Mississippi Roast that's like magic.  You dump six ingredients into a crockpot and something magical comes out.  I wanted take the same concept but make the flavors different.  I made this Italian Roast the other day and served it over risotto.  Instead of the pepperoncini peppers, I used a jar of giardiniera, which is pickled veggies.  It was every bit as good as the Mississippi Roast and just as simple! And I didn't have to heat up the house.  You could serve this over pasta or rice or even mashed potatoes.  Enjoy!

ITALIAN ROAST
One 2-3 lb roast (I used a chuck roast)
1 packet au jus gravy mix
1 packet Italian dressing mix (I used Good Seasons Zesty Italian)
1 stick butter
One 16-ounce jar of giardiniera, drained
4 cloves garlic, minced

Put the drained giardiniera into the crockpot.  Next add the garlic and then the roast.  Sprinkle the packets of au jus mix and dressing mix over the roast.  Put the stick of butter on top.  Do not add any liquid to the pot.  Trust me, you don't need it.  Cook the roast on low for about 8 hours or until the meat is tender.  Shred the meat with the juice and serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment