Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots


My Facebook friend, Diane, sent me a video about these Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots.  This is right up my alley, so I just had to do it!  I served them with Ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce.  Yum!

CHEESY BACON-WRAPPED TATER TOTS
About 30 frozen tater tots
8 slices bacon
1 C cubed cheese (I used Colby Jack)
Sliced green onions, if desired
Ranch dressing, if desired
Buffalo wing sauce (or hot sauce), if desired

NOTE:  My bacon was thick slices, so I had to cook it longer than the suggested cooking time.  Also, I think the cooking temperature should be higher, so I adjusted for that.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Lay a strip of bacon out flat.  Put a tater tot on the end and roll it up in the bacon, cutting it off after the bacon is entirely around the tater tot. Continue with the remaining tater tots.  Lay the tater tots bacon seam side down on a sheet pan.  Bake the tots for 25 minutes OR until the bacon is fully cooked.  Remove the tots to an ovenproof plate.  Scatter the cheese cubes around over the top of the tots and return them to the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.  Serve the tots with green onions, Ranch dressing, and buffalo wing sauce, if desired.

Source:  BuzzFeed

No comments:

Post a Comment