Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Crazy Combo


I stumbled upon this recipe on the internet, and I found that a bunch of sites had this listed.  The combination of ingredients for this is just so weird that I had to try it.  Seriously, who would put teriyaki sauce and Ranch together?  And Cheddar cheese?  Are you kidding me?

But I'm game to try most anything and the weirder the better. I was uber skeptical about how this would turn out, but what the heck.  We only live once.  Mix that Ranch and teriyaki! But...guess what.  IT WAS FANTASTIC!  Crazy, I know.  I didn't have Cheddar because my ginormous almost 15 year old 5'11" son is like a Hoover vacuum and eats everything in his path.  And he's skinny as a rail.  Go figure.  

Anywho, this dish is so simple to make and really is darn tasty!  Enjoy!

ANNIVERSARY CHICKEN
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C prepared teriyaki sauce
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 C Ranch dressing
1 C shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Pepper Jack)
3 green onions, sliced
Garlic powder
Onion powder
2 T butter
Olive oil

NOTES:  I read reviews on several sites that this combination can tend to be salty.  If you don't like a lot of salt or can't have it, find the lowest sodium teriyaki sauce you can.  I'm not sure if there's low sodium cheese, but if there is that's a good place to cut back too.  

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Season the chicken on all sides with a little garlic powder and onion powder.  Melt the butter in a large skillet and drizzle in some olive oil.  Brown the chicken over medium high heat in the skillet on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.  

Transfer the chicken to a casserole dish.  Spread the Ranch dressing on top of all four pieces of chicken.  Brush the teriyaki sauce on top of all four pieces of chicken.  Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the tops of each piece of chicken. Cook the chicken for about 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers at 165 degrees internally.  Garnish with the green onions.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes. This is happening tonight. I was just wondering what to make for dinner. I'll use boneless chicken thighs instead.

    ReplyDelete