Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fire Crackers



I'm really really sorry to do this to you.  It's really not fair of me to post something so ridiculously addicting.  These Fire Crackers are stupid easy to make and I promise you you will ask someone to take them away from you so that you'll stop eating them.  I took a batch to work, and my boss kept eating them and then said, "Cindy, put those in your purse or something so I can't see them anymore."  I made another batch and I actually came home yesterday and just ate that for dinner.  I know, shameful.  Oh, well.  I'll eat some lettuce or something tonight.  Enjoy!

FIRE CRACKERS
2 sleeves saltine crackers
1 packet Ranch dip mix
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1-2 T red chili flakes, to taste (this is the fire)
2 teaspoons dried parsley

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.  Whisk together the oil, Ranch, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, chili flakes, and parsley in a large bowl.  Dump the saltines into the bowl and mix them around with your hands, making sure to coat all of the crackers.  Spread the crackers out on a sheet pan.  Bake the crackers 15-20 minutes, until they are dry.  Let them cool completely before packaging them up. But you'll probably eat most of them before they ever see a Ziploc bag.

4 comments:

  1. This works well with oyster crackers also! I use 2 packages with this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made seasoned oyster crackers before too. So yummy!

      Delete
  2. I used safflower oil because it had no taste. I love the flavors that pop in this recipe. I have made it 2 times in less than a week Will vary it when I feel more creative but as is I think it's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And safflower oil is a good substitution.

      Delete