Monday, September 28, 2015

Lucky Girl


I truly feel like I am a very blessed person.  I have great, smart (almost grown!!  Woo-hoo!) teenagers.  I have a great job.  I have a roof over my head and a nice car and food to eat.  But, most of all, I have an amazing husband.  We are just as much crazy in love with each other as we were in the beginning.  I wish that on all of you, to know a love where the flame doesn't burn out.  Okay, that was kinda corny.

My husband and I generally try to play Texas Hold'Em on Saturday and Sunday nights and have a few cocktails.  We have started playing this game where we take turns picking songs to play on the surround sound and we try to outdo each other by picking a better, more romantic song or "tug at the heart strings" song as he would call it.  It's great fun.  We really have a good time together no matter what we're doing. We cook together, run errands together, and just love, well, being together!  We are each other's biggest fans!

Obviously I love to cook and I love to feed people.  In fact, I cook sometimes like I have ten kids.  My most recent concoction is this Spinach & Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken. If you haven't had goat cheese, it's a soft and tangy cheese that melts well.  This recipe is pretty easy to put together and it cooks relatively quickly.  And it's darn tasty!  Enjoy!

SPINACH & GOAT CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN
FOR THE FILLING:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
One 10-ounce box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 C mayonnaise
6 ounces soft goat cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (like Lawry's)

TOPPING:
Seasoned salt (like Lawry's)
Black pepper
Garlic powder
1 C Italian bread crumbs
1/4 C mayonnaise
Olive oil

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Mix together the spinach, Parmesan cheese, mayo, goat cheese, garlic powder and seasoned salt until well combined.  Cut pockets into the chicken breasts, being sure not to cut all of the way through the chicken.  Stuff the chicken with the spinach mixture and place the stuffed chicken on a sheet pan.  Season the outsides of the chicken breasts with a little seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper.  

Spread the mayo on the tops of each chicken breast. Carefully top the mayo with the breadcrumbs on each chicken breast and pat it down. Drizzle the breadcrumbs with a little olive oil.  Bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the middle reaches 165 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment