Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Good and Tangy


I am a huge fan of sour or vinegary foods.  I was so excited awhile back when I came across white barbecue sauce, which is found in Northern Alabama.  I made this Grilled White BBQ Chicken that was fantastic.  But I love sandwiches, so I thought, why not turn that chicken into a sandwich!  And it was fantastic!  The sauce makes a lot, so you can either cut it in half or serve it with the sandwiches for extra sauce.  If you are a fan of tangy foods, this is for you! Enjoy!

WHITE BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES
FOR THE SAUCE:
1 1/2 C mayonnaise
1/3 C apple cider vinegar
1/4 C lemon juice
1 T minced garlic
1 T prepared horseradish
1 T black pepper (less if you want)
1 T spicy brown mustard
Salt, to taste
Cayenne pepper, to taste

FOR THE SANDWICHES:
4 C cooked, shredded chicken
6 sandwich rolls
Pickle slices
Shredded coleslaw mix (not the one with the dressing)

Whisk together the sauce ingredients and refrigerate it until you're ready to use it.  

Mix half of the sauce with the chicken and heat it in the microwave or in a small pot.  Toast the sandwich rolls. Assemble the sandwiches by putting some of the coleslaw mix on the bottom bun, then some chicken and some pickle slices.  Serve with the extra sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I have also developed a craving over the past couple of years for vinegary foods, but they have to be well-prepared and not too tart. This sounds irresistible, and simple, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, CheeseSticks! I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete