Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Neiman Marcus Dip


Okay.  So when I came across this recipe, I really had my doubts.  It was everywhere on Pinterest, but I thought it couldn't be good and it needed more stuff in it.  But I was so wrong.  This Neiman Marcus Dip is fantastic!  I couldn't stop eating it.  I'm not sure why it's named after the department store, but it's not on their restaurant menu.  It doesn't matter to me what it's called.  It's good.  

NEIMAN MARCUS DIP
2 C mayonnaise
One 2-ounce package slivered almonds
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
6 green onions, sliced
1-2 teaspoons garlic powder, optional
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, optional

NOTES:  Some recipes I saw called for 1 1/2 C mayo.  I started with that and thought it was too dry, so I added another half cup.  Also, some recipes call for prepackaged bacon bits, but I wanted the real thing.  But feel free to substitute it for ease.  The garlic powder and pepper are all my idea, so you can use it or leave it out. 

If the almonds aren't already toasted, put them on a sheet pan in a single layer and into a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes to slightly brown them.  Watch them carefully so they don't burn.  Let them cool.  Let the bacon cool too.

Mix all of the ingredients together and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve the dip with crackers or chips.

2 comments:

  1. Looks deliciously slutty! I'm wondering if a little cayenne or harissa might give it that little extra 'oomph'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had harissa, but I think cayenne would be great! Enjoy!

      Delete