Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Too Many Dogs


So my wonderful husband got me a puppy for Christmas!  I love puppies, especially Boxers.  Our newest Boxer is Roscoe.  He's still small, but he has really big feet and big floppy ears.  Our other Boxer, Cooper, is a little jealous and is acting out a bit.  Our third dog and oldest, Bentley, doesn't seem to care one way or the other about the new puppy.

But...three dogs is a lot.  You can't walk anywhere in the house because they are always in front of you.  Roscoe wants to jump on you all the way to the back door and doesn't seem to understand the word "no" when he's jumping on you.  There is a little competition over the puppy food and over the toys.  I guess I don't have it as bad as some.  My boss actually has five dogs and for a while he had seven dogs.  I can't even imagine!  But we love them and they are a part of the family.  My husband even shares a tiny bit of our Sunday breakfasts with them.  

Anywho, I made these Beef Tips in Mushroom Gravy yesterday in the crockpot.  It literally took me five minutes to throw it together.  It turned out fantastic!  I served mine over mashed potatoes, but I bet egg noodles would be great here too.  I took the leftovers to work and it was a big hit.  This is a darn tasty meal that will please everyone!

BEEF TIPS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY
About 1 1/2 lbs beef tips (or stew meat)
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 packet onion soup mix
1 packet au jus gravy mix
3 cloves garlic, minced

Put all of the ingredients into a crockpot.  Don't add any liquid.  Trust me, you won't need it.  Cook it on low for about 8 hours.  Serve it over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or even rice.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you said 3 dogs was a lot. When my mom moved in with me, she brought up our doggie headcount to ELEVEN! Of course, since they are all Chihuahuas our 11 may not WEIGH as much as your 3! LOL!!! But it's a lot of little eyes watching when I cook!

    I'm looking forward to trying this recipe -- it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is a lot, Cheryl! Thank you, and enjoy the recipe!

      Delete