Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Under Pressure


So my son is taking a culinary class in high school.  He has to cook a dish from scratch and provide directions and a list of ingredients.  Cool, right?  Well, maybe if you aren't a blogger.  I feel so pressured to make sure he gets this right. He picked my Blackened Chicken with Fettuccine Alfredo, since that's one of his favorites.  It's a pretty easy recipe, so hopefully he can do me justice.  After all, my reputation is at stake with his attempt to cook this!  Haha...okay, not really. He's actually pretty good at cooking, so I think he'll do just fine.

I'm still on my quest for quick dinners, and I especially love crockpot dinners.  This Crockpot Sausage, Potatoes & Green Beans is a cinch to throw together and it's ready by the time you get home from work.  Or shopping.  I want to spend the day shopping.  Sorry, I got off track.  There are very little ingredients here, and the end result is great.  It's hearty, filling, and darn tasty!

CROCKPOT SAUSAGE, POTATOES & GREEN BEANS
1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 1/2 C fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, sliced
12 ounces cream cheese
One 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
One packet Ranch dip mix
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 C shredded cheese, any variety

Put the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave it for 1 minute.  Whisk the cream of mushroom soup and the Ranch dip mix into the cream cheese.  Put the cream cheese mixture and the remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese into a crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally, or until the potatoes are done.  During the last 10 minutes or so of cooking, stir in the shredded cheese and let it melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment